By Jessica Alex
Good storytelling has been a proven way for brands to stand out from the competition. For starters, stories help brands connect better with their audience. According to Sprout Social, "when customers feel connected to brands, more than half of consumers (57%) will increase their spending with that brand and 76% will buy from them over a competitor."
Adding storytelling to your branding and marketing arsenal seems like a no-brainer. One study by Headstream found that "if people love a brand story, 55% are more likely to buy the product in the future." I don't know about you, but I like those odds!
To inspire your brand storytelling journey even more, I am sharing 15 fantastic quotes about storytelling.
1. “Marketing is no longer about the stuff that you make, but about the stories you tell.” — Seth Godin
2. “Nothing sticks in your head better than a story. Stories can express the most complicated ideas in the most digestible ways.” — Sam Balter, Senior Marketing Manager of Podcasts, HubSpot
3. “An awful lot of storytelling isn’t really about making people understand — it’s about making people care.” — Steven Moffat, Writer & Producer
4. “If you don't give the market the story to talk about, they'll define your brand's story for you.”
— David Brier, Brand Expert
5. “A great brand is a story that never stops unfolding.” — Tony Hsieh
6. “Storytelling and visual storytelling was put in the hands of everybody. And we have all now become storytellers.” — LeVar Burton, Actor, Director and TV Host
7. “A brand is a story that is always being told.” — Scott Bedbury, American Branding Consultant
8. “Everything starts with a story.” — Joseph Campbell, American professor and writer
9. “Everything is a story. You are a story. I am a story.” — Frances Hodgson Burnett, author
10. “Impactful brand storytelling is about how to look your audience in the eye, digitally.” — Amelia Veale, marketer and podcaster
11. “Brands are built around stories. And stories of identity – who we are, where we've come from – are the most effective stories of all. This storytelling is a powerful way to bring brands to life.” — Bill Dauphinais
12. “Storytelling is the most powerful way to put ideas into the world today.” — Robert McKee, author, lecturer and story consultant
13. “The most powerful person in the world is the storyteller.” — Steve Jobs
14. “Building a brand means knowing your story and building and sharing that story.”— Tamara McCleary, Digital Marketer
15. “Whether we're writing a story or attempting to sell products, our message must be clear. Always. If you confuse, you’ll lose.” — Donald Miller, American author, public speaker, and business owner
Have these quotes gotten you excited about telling brand stories? Before you go, read this article on The Power of Storytelling. It'll give you more insight on brand storytelling and gives you a few examples of brand stories that really connected with the audience.
1. Sprout Social Data Report: "BrandsGetReal: What consumers want from brands in a divided society" https://sproutsocial.com/insights/data/social-media-connection/